Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

My name is Chelsee Fane. Twenty years ago I was born in a town called Ukiah , CA. When I was around twelve years old, my mother Kim decided to move us here to Las Vegas. Over the years I have been threw so many obstacles which have made me grow so much as an independent woman. About 6 years ago I fully understood what it means to be responsible. From paying bills, insurance, gas, bills, rent, fines, etc. threw me into the world. I felt lost and lonely and it took a lot for me to completely do everything on my own. I got a job and worked full time , overtime , anything they needed me to. I loved the hours and how busy it kept me but I started realizing that I wasn't motivated anymore for just work. I decided I needed to do something else with my time and that when I decided I wanted to look into Fashion School. Fashion has always been a passion of mine. I mean if you look in my closet you will see that I have just about everything , and if not everything, like i said just about! I was sitting in my room looking at schools and programs and at that moment I picked up paper and pen and started to sketch. I drew and drew for hours and came up with several dresses , bathing suits , etc. and I decided I wanted to open my own clothing line. I found A.I.I and registered for classes. When I started I never knew I'd have this much fun doing something I truly love. I hope that when school is finished I will be able to open my own store and help give proceeds to non profit organizations , sort of how " toms " does. I want to give back and have people who spend hundreds on clothes and material things help give back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment